This is a simple way to make a realistic splashed mud in any vehicle and faster than with pigments and acrylic resin like usually we do. All that we need is the Earth Effects and Dust Effects and a small amount of Plaster of Paris (the white powder stuff to repair the walls and roof in our houses). Just mix the colors with the plaster and you will get a thick mixture. Add more color to make subtile splashes or more plaster if you want a thick splash. Try first in old plastic kit. Don’t ruin your model!!!!
1) Use and old big brush to take the mixture. You will need an airbrush to project air over the brush.
2) Take care of the direction of the air in a way to create realistic splashes over the side plates. The right direction must be from the wheels to the top but sometimes we cannot do that because the plates are inclinated like in this Panther II. Less mixture in the brush will produce smaller splashes.
3) More mixture in the brush will produce bigger dots. If something is going bad your remove it with a new brush and White Spirit and leave it dry. Because the plaster is mixed with enamel it don’t dry faster than with acrylic colors or resin and pigments.
4) You can overlap different layers with differnet colors and sizes.
5) Smaller splash dots is always more realistic even in big scales. Mask with tape or paper the areas that you want to save from the splashes.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.