The 1/48 Aircraft Series welcomes a brand new addition in the form of the Lockheed P-38 Lightning! This WWII fighter was a daring design with twin booms and a piston engine in each, plus a central nacelle which housed the cockpit and armament (machine guns and cannon in the nose). Introduced in June 1941, the aircraft went on to be used extensively in the Pacific through WWII.
The F variant was manufactured from April 1942 onward, and featured pylons for 150-gallon drop tanks to make it capable of longer bombing missions. Later P-38Gs had more powerful engines, and could carry bigger 300-gallon drop tanks.
About the Model
• This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 240mm, wingspan: 330mm.
• The unique form of the P-38 is captured in style, with this kit allowing assembly of P-38F and P-38G
variants. This kit creates a parked aircraft.
• Features accurate depictions of early P-38 features such as slimline engine cowlings, intercoolers in leading
edges, plus the curved canopy front.
• Weights are included in the kit to ensure correct balance of the model when displayed.
• The canopy can be assembled open or closed. When closed, it is a 1-part slide-moulded piece with dedicated
F and G variant parts. The hatch is shown open sideways on the P-38F, and vertically on the P-38G.
• A detailed cockpit features the wheel-type controls, radio, throttle box and more.
• Comes with parts to recreate two each of 150-and 300-gallon drop tanks.
• Includes two marking options, including the “White 147” P-38G which took part in the interception of
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto in April 1943.
• Mirror stickers are included to recreate cockpit mirror and engine cowling interior surface sections.
• Comes with canopy masking stickers and a full-colorpainting guide.
“White 147”, 339th Fighter Squadron,
347th Fighter Group, 13th Air Force
“White 33”, 39th Fighter Squadron,
35th Fighter Group, 5th Air Force