Adding to our great selection of 1/48 scale German AFVs, Tamiya introduces the Jagdpanther Late Version. Line next to the Panther G and Hetzer for an awesome display of German armored power in the late-WWII period.
About the German Tank Destroyer Jagdpanther Late Version
The Jagdpanther featured a powerful 88mm gun mounted in a superstructure featuring 80mm armor at the front and 50mm at the sides. The front and side armor plates were sloped to further improve their protective power, giving the Jagdpanther its imposing, wedge-shaped appearance. Weighing in at 46 tons and propelled by the powerful Maybach V12 cylinder engine, this tank destroyer featured a good balance of fire power, protection and mobility. A total of 415 Jagdpanthers were produced by 1945, most equipping battalions on the Eastern Front, although many were transferred to the West to take part in the Ardennes Offensive.
About the Model
- 1/48 scale assembly model of the Late Version Jagdpanther Tank Destroyer
- Excellent detailing captures weld marks on armor plates and surface texture of gun mantlet
- Choice of exhaust pipes with standard cast base, or with flash suppressors and deflecting nozzles. Parts to build crew compartment heating unit also included
- Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism
- Long barreled 88mm gun can move up, down, left and right thanks to polycaps
- Rear escape hatch opens and closes even after assembly. Commander and loader’s hatches can be built in open or closed position
- Choice of 3 sets of markings