1/72 German WWII E-100 Super Heavy Tank With 128mm Flak 40 Zwilling Gun Model Collect
The Panzerkampfwagen E-100 (Gerat 383) (TG-01) was a German super-heavy tank design developed near the end of World War II. It was to also be the basis for a heavy artillery system, an anti-aircraft vehicle, and a heavy tank destroyer_ However, the development of these last was never started due to the end of World War II, by which time only the E-100’s chassis was partial¬ly completed. It was shipped to the United Kingdom far testing, and was later scrapped
The basic design was ordered by the Waffenamt as a parallel development to the Porsche Maus in June 1943. It was the heaviest of the Entwicklung (E) series of vehicles, meant to standardize as many components as possible. There was going to be an E-5, [40, E-25, E- D, E-75 and finally the E-100. In November 1942, Krupp suggested a design weighing 155 tons, compared to the 188 tons of the Maus – but still using the Maus turret In December 1942, Krupp suggested a design weighing 130 tons which used many of the same components as the Tiger tank with Maus turret — referred to as the “11- ger-Maus”. Weight savings were to be from thinner armour, and narrowing and shortening the vehicle.
In 1944 Hitler ordered the development of super heavy tanks to stop, work on the E-100 however continued at a very low priority with only three Adler employees available to assemble the prototype.
The prototype had a HL 230P30 engine and Olvar transmission fitted. The HL 230 was the same V-12 engine and that was used on the Tiger II and Panther tanks. It was suitable for the 45-tonne Panther, underpowered for the 70-tonne Tiger II, and grossly under-powered for a 140-tonne design_ The chassis of the prototype was virtually completed however it lacked a turret that would have been fitted with the 15 cm KwK 44 gun_ The final version was to be powered by an HL234 producing 850 hp mated to a Mekydro transmission_ A 17 cm KwK 44 was proposed as the final armament. Suspension was to be the externally mounted Belleville Washer type. The hull had sloped armor, typical of post-1943 design. Wheels were overlapped, similar to the Tiger II and Panther tank, and no longer interleaved as with the Schachtellaufwerk suspension of the original Tiger I.