See Our Range Of Model Grass, Leaves and Foliage
If you want to create a diorama set that looks realistic and has all the natural features you want, then model grass, leaves, and foliage is a great place to start.
Here at Scale Model Shop, our expansive stock of model grass, leaves, and foliage will have everything you need to bring your model to life and create a unique-looking set.
You’ll be able to find the right colour and type of foliage for your model set and tailor it to any season or any time of year. We even sort our products by the time of year and the type of tree for leaves like our Ivy Foliage from AK interactive.
So explore all the model grass, leaves, and foliage that we have available to get the desired aesthetic for your models.
One of the most popular and cost-effective methods of creating a grass effect is to scatter small multicoloured particles over a glued base to give the effect of grass, vegetation, sand, dirt, and soil.
The best glue to use for model grass and foliage is PVA glue (also known as white glue). PVA glue is very popular amongst modellers for securing grass top the base of models and incredibly effective. You can also use PVA glue to create water effects in grass as well!
There are some simple steps you can follow to effectively use PVA glue to stick model grass to your model base:
1. Apply a thin layer of PVA glue to the base of your model.
2. Next you want to add a thin layer of grass to test the colours you have chosen before using a layering spray to build it up.
3. Once you are happy with the colour apply a layer of layering spray.
4. Next add another layer of grass over the spray. Repeat this process until your base is completely covered in the grass effect you want.
5. Repeating this process as many times as you can will have a greater impact on the way your model grass looks.