Introducing a variant of the Allied M4 Sherman Tank, further increasing modeling possibilities. Known to the British as the Sherman II, the U.S. M4A1 Sherman Tank featured a cast upper hull and turret that gave it easily-recognizable rounded body lines. Build one together with the M4 Sherman Early Production for an interesting view of the contrasting styles.
About the M4 Sherman Early Production
With approximately 50,000 units produced during WWII, the U.S. Army’s series of M4 Sherman tanks were one of the driving forces behind Allied victory. Designed for efficient massproduction and including room for future modifications, the M4 series boasted superior ground performance with excellent reliability. Amongst the many variants produced, the M4A1 model featured a cast upper hull and cast turret mounting a 75mm gun. The A1’s cast upper hull gave it distinctive rounded edges, providing a sharp contrast with the angular lines of the welded hull M4 Sherman Early Production.
About the Model
- 1/48 detailed scale model of the M4A1 Sherman. Length: 119mm, Width: 55.5mm
- Pre-coated die-cast lower hull for added weight and realism.
- Loads of optional parts include 3-piece or 1-piece bolted transmission housing, square or round air cleaners, early model drive sprocket wheel and narrow or wide gun shield allowing construction of any number of variant versions.
- Commander’s hatch and upper hull hatches can be assembled in open or closed position.
- Turret can be rotated, and cannon can be raised and lowered after assembly.
- Small detailing such as accessories come pre-molded to upper hull for easy assembly.
- Comes with 3 sets of markings.